“Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”
Leonardo Da Vinci
Drawing is the foundation of all fine arts. An artist who can draw has more creative resources, developing new ways to look at and interpret their subject. For the non-artists, learning how to draw can enhance their ability of self expression, tapping into areas of the brain that are not often exercised. Drawing on a regular basis will allow them to develop more of their brain capabilities, enhancing their capacity to look beyond the surface, as well as their problem-solving skills.
In a world where we frequently find ourselves overwhelmed with information and external stimuli, giving ourselves the opportunity to slow down and simply look at things and truly SEE them can making our mind more aware and focused. Drawing can be an excellent exercise to help detach from the daily life concerns and connect to other levels of perception.
Connections is a one-to-one drawing mentoring program with focus on naturalistic pencil drawing. You will create an artwork from a photograph from start to finish, while learning all the necessary skills for drawing with confidence. All skill levels are welcome. I will facilitate your progress while guiding you through all the necessary steps toward the completion of your project. All the interaction student/facilitator is made by email or/and Skype, with the support of texts, images, videos, and links for articles of interest. All you need is an internet connection, an active email account, and a way to digitally register your progress, scanning or photographing your work.
Drawing Mentoring is created for:
- beginner artists that are starting to delve into drawing and need a solid foundation for future works ;
- intermediary artists who wish to take their work to the next level;
- non-realistic artists that wish to learn how to draw realistically or improve their drawing skills, or to be introduced to a more intuitive way to see and draw;
- people who wish to express themselves through drawing and want to build confidence in their skills;
- people who wish to unleash or develop their creativity.
DRAWING MENTORING FAQ
Click on the questions to see the answers
1.How does the program work?
2. What is included in the course?
3. What type of materials/resources will I need?
4. What subjects can I choose for my drawing project?
5. What's my commitment by taking part of the program?
6. Will I be able to draw at the end of the program?
7. Is there a minimum age required to enroll?
Students works at one of my workshops
The tuition for a 5-week program costs $280 USD, or two payments of $150 USD.
If you decide to extend the program and embrace more projects, every additional 4 weeks will cost $200. Feel free to contact me to discuss your options.